Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

4th of July has always been my favorite holiday, but I have never really been able to celebrate. In high school and college, my 4th of Julys were spent working at Snowbear, briefly watching the fireworks in the street then running back inside to serve custard to the 1000s of people walking by. After that, Charlie and I went to one 4th of July when I was very pregnant with Charlotte. Then, every year since then I have worked and we weren't convinced that Charlotte wouldn't scream the whole time (our timid girl but yet stubborn and strong willed). This year, 4th of July wasn't a scheduled holiday for me and Meredith, Jeff and John are at mom's this weekend. Charlie does have to work open to close the whole weekend so he didn't participate. Everyone was going to go see the fireworks but the babies fell asleep and I can't imagine Emma Kate not screaming through the whole thing. It did end up nicely. Charlotte and I went on a date just her and me. We spent about an hour playing in the grass before the festivities started. Charlotte did great - she told me the colors of each firework and was quite amazed. Her favorites were "the purple one and the one that looked like a hotdog"! No pictures however, mommy forgot the camera:(

0 comments: