Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 28, 2009

SAHM Revelations

Since Cooper is now 8 weeks old, I had been a SAHM to 3 kids 3 and under for the same amount of time. I have compiled a list of my SAHM revelations over the last 8 weeks:

1) It is perfectly acceptable for the kids to wear pajamas all day if we aren't going anywhere.

2) It is perfectly acceptable for Cooper to wear pajamas all day if he doesn't leave the car seat when we are out.

3) Again, it is okay if I don't leave the house... I put on a shirt this morning thinking it was clean. I realized it wasn't when I was drying my hair and left it on! Winter weather=not going anywhere unneccessary. Whats a little extra dried baby spit up anyway? I will have to change my shirt at least 2 times today anyway:)

4) I know now there are actual Play-Dough scissors. You shouldn't let a 3 yr old use real scissors on Play-Dough b/c little sister will get a new hair cut.

5) It is okay to let a newborn sleep in the swing, swinging all night. Emma Kate did it too and she is a much BETTER sleeper than Charlotte ever was. PS... don't tell my pediatrician!

6) I don't want to be a permanent stay at home mom or even a mom on maternity leave during the winter again. I like to open the back door and say "GO PLAY". We do have a fence. This mom doesn't do winter activities!!

7) The house needs cleaned much more when we are home all day!

8) God bless all the SAHMs... especially my mom when she had 4 kids and my sister who has 5 kids!

9) I pray for our babysitter everyday that she continues to be able to watch my children!

10) I am thankful that nurses will always be needed even in the terrible economy! I love being at home with my kids but working nights gives me a good break without missing out on too much! They are just sleeping right?!

4 comments:

The Kane Family said...

A few of mine from a SAHM of 10 years ...

1) Cereal is acceptable for any meal.
2) When the baby cries in the middle of the night ... turn off the monitor
3) Your children are angels when they are sleeping.
4) The crusts of pb&j are an acceptable SAHM lunch.
5) The kids won't appreciate any of what you are doing until we have Alzheimers!!

Chisler Family said...

Love it!!

The Cole Girls said...

That was hilarious!!! So Makayah and I aren't suppose to be in pajamas all day? And your sister's comment is just as funny. I'm at work people probably think I have lost my mind laughing so loudly at midnight while sitting by myself at the desk. You made my night much better.

Anonymous said...

I loved those...half of those are true for us and we only have one! I don't know how you manage three. PJ's all day are definately acceptable all day, especially if you don't leave the house...and I agree with not going anywhere unecessary in the cold! Hope all is going well with the little ones...we still need to see Cooper