I have discovered that being a mom of 3 doesn't allow for much time to be on the computer... especially when Emma Kate gets SO mad if I am on the computer and she doesn't get to participate. She is in bed now, Charlie and Cooper are snuggling on the couch and Charlotte is watching Little Mermaid. We have had a great couple of days home as a family of 5! Cooper is the dream baby! We are so blessed to have such a wonderful, laid back little guy. The girls have proven to be well behaved and are very interested in baby brother. Charlotte loves to hold him and talk to him and Emma Kate shouts "baby" over and over looking for him. He loves to eat and snuggle the most.
This is my absolute favorite picture!! Emma Kate was so excited to see Cooper that she grabbed him from sitting next to her and put him in her lap. Charlotte was very concerned about both of them... Biggest sister helping little sister helping little brother!

Look at my hands in this one... I thought it was hilarious. That is how we sign "yay" with Emma Kate or I guess that is a cheerleading thing too!

Cooper's birth turned out to be eventful in itself. Since Emma Kate's labor and delivery were considerably easier than Charlotte's (tenfold) I just assumed that Cooper's would be SO easy! But being a nurse I should have known better. It is known to be true that the 3rd pregnancy and delivery tend to mimic the first and although it wasn't as long or as hard. With both Charlotte and Emma Kate my epidurals weren't fantastic. Charlotte's was very "one-sided" near the end. Emma Kate's was great as far as pain control as I asked for "just a little bit" but my back hurt for about 6 months after. After the OB broke my water, the anesthesiologist was going to be gone on a c-section for 1 1/2 hrs and they offered the epidural at that point. I really wasn't hurting that much but decided to go for it because I thought of everything that could happen in that 1 1/2 hrs! Now I am a little dissapointed in myself that I just didn't wait because again the epidural was one-sided and she re-dosed me to try to get pain control on both sides but I ended up numb up to my shoulders and was having trouble breathing. All ended well (besides trying to hemorrhage at shift change on my unit - lovely I know!) and baby Cooper is happy and healthy. However, if we decide to have another baby in the future, I might just have to go for no epidural!!
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
A huge update!
Posted by The Greer Gang at 7:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
No epidural!!!!! You are one of my most courageous friends (3 children under the age of 3). I know you can handle it.
Seriously. The baby is 10 days old. You are more couragous than I to even consider another birth so soon, let alone contemplate pain control.
Melinda, Cooper is so beautiful. I loved just seeing his picture as he came into this world. So so sweet and a touching moment for me today.
Post a Comment